The fundamental architecture and building blocks are right.

The enabling factor is that you can now realistically build a device for a few hundred dollars that has enough memory, processing power, display technology, and battery life to allow you to start locally running applications that before would have taken a fairly powerful -- and power hungry -- desktop PC.

I have always been a fan of AMD's technology and design philosophies, going back to my early days at IBM, ... Because AMD64 technology was designed and optimized from the start for multi-core processing using its Direct Connect Architecture, we really have only scratched the surface of its true computing potential.

The intelligence to know what the attributes of the device are in terms of its output characteristics, and then do the transformation of [data] from a potentially more robust source [to a format] the device can understand -- that would be a major service.

The beginnings of the [handheld] revolution are here, ... We're in the 1981 to 1982 time frame of the PC generation for these sorts of devices today. And time is definitely compressed.

If you look inside a standard low-end server or storage product, 80 percent of the design, realistically, will be the same as in similar products. The other 20 percent is configured for a specific customer set.

You'll be seeing bigger moves in the consumer electronics space from us coming next year, ... The digital lifestyle space is actually many high-growth markets rolled into one, from content creation all the way through the value chain to content consumption. There is nothing stopping our x86 processors from entering and gaining share in each of them.

One of the things I really believe in is efficiency. That means software applications that can easily port and run [on AMD chips], efficient processors from a power management standpoint, and things that can be put into the silicon to make the user environment more friendly and robust.