It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
* 3× List of NBA champions/NBA champion
* 2× Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award/NBA Finals MVP (, )
* 3× NBA Most Valuable Player Award/NBA Most Valuable Player (–)
* 12× List of NBA All-Stars/NBA All-Star (–, –)
* NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award/NBA All-Star Game MVP ()
* 9× All-NBA Team/All-NBA First Team (–)
* All-NBA Team/All-NBA Second Team ()
* 3× NBA All-Defensive Team/NBA All-Defensive Second Team (–)
* NBA Rookie of the Year Award/NBA Rookie of the Year ()
* NBA All-Rookie Team/NBA All-Rookie First Team ()
* 3× NBA All-Star Weekend Three-Point Shootout/NBA 3-Point Shootout champion (–)
* 2× 50–40–90 club (-)
* Associated Press Athlete of the Year/AP Athlete of the Year (1986)
* No. 33 List of Boston Celtics accomplishments and records#Retired numbers/retired by Boston Celtics
* 50 Greatest Players in NBA History/NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
* List of U.S. men's college basketball national player of the year awards/National college player of the year (1979)
* 2× Consensus first-team NCAA Men's Basketball All-Americans/All-American (1978 NCAA Men's Basketball All-Americans/1978–1979 NCAA Men's Basketball All-Americans/1979)If you enjoy these quotes, be sure to check out other famous coaches! More Larry Bird on Wikipedia.
I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.
First master the fundamentals.
When I was young, I never wanted to leave the court until I got things exactly correct. My dream was to become a pro.
Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody -- somewhere -- was practicing more than me.
While day by day the overzealous student stores up facts for future use, he who has learned to trust nature finds need for ever fewer external directions. He will discard formula after formula, until he reaches the conclusion: Let nature take its cou.
I really don't like talking about money. All I can say is that the Good Lord must have wanted me to have it.